CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

ALL MY GIRLS, WE'RE IN A CIRCLE. SO CLAP YOU'RE HANDS THIS IS FOR YOU!

Hello! Welcome! You're Here!
Now What?

Well, I think maybe I will begin with why I started the blog and a brief explanation of what it is I intend to accomplish with such a forum as this.

This year, I celebrate my 3rd decade on this planet! YEP! In just a few short months, I will begin telling people that I am 30!! Yee-haw! What a time to live! What a time to celebrate being an adult and all the glorious things that go along with being an adult!

Paying Bills
Career Advancement
Not over-reacting to your brother when he calls you that confounded nickname you had when you were 7!!

-Just to name a few-

But with all of the amazing things that come when you are a single person at this ripe, old age the pressure from the culture that raised you from Mia Maids to Young Women's to Relief Society Member seems to bear down with questions like:

Why aren't you married yet???

Lady, if I could answer that question I probably wouldn't be sitting in my bed, with greasy hair, furiously typing up this mildly amusing blog-post about being single!!

In any case, I know I'm not alone. I go to church with some of the most beautiful, amazing women that walk this earth and we all sit and look at each other during munch and mingle and wonder "How in the WORLD is
SHE not married yet??" But the fact of the matter is, WHO KNOWS?? The dating world is even more a mystery to me today than it was 10 years ago.

And it's not for a lack of trying my best. I date occasionally. I have opinions on the do's and don'ts of flirting, dating and men in general. I utilize said opinions whenever possible and yet, I find myself still empty handed.

The thing is ladies, we can't really control when that right guy walks through the door and will stop at nothing to be with us. But what we can control is our ATTITUDE, our SPUNK, our GUMPTION to just keep on going, growing, learning and doing.

So this blog was born. Born out of the desire to help inspire, encourage and get that little extra shot of "you're still awesome, even without a dude." In the coming blog posts I will be pontificating on my opinions about dating and life and being an amazing woman. I will be inviting guest-bloggers who have their own amazing stories to share. But most importantly, I hope this ends up being a place we can all come and recharge our energy to just keep on going... no matter who or what comes into our lives!

So give a SHOUT-OUT
Invite all your GF's
Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!

6 comments:

  1. Peggy dear I'm really excited about this new blog idea of yours!

    I look forward to your fun loving, hilarious, and snarky comments, ideas, and inspirations!

    Here's to making it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new blog! YOU will rock the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Peggy! I have a few people that I will pass this along to. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok so i have been reading "captivating" by john and stasi eldredge and your line: "you're still awesome, even without a dude." reminded me of a line in the book: "As women we long to be loved in a certain way, a way unique to our femininity. We long for romance. We are wired for it; it's what makes our hearts come alive. You know that. Somewhere, down deep inside, you know this. But what you might never have known is this... This doesn't need to wait for a man."

    it is an interesting read. i am not quite through with it... but its object, if i understand it correctly, is to enable women to better answer the question: "am i captivating?" and "am i wonderful?"

    i am excited for this blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you to everyone for your comments and words of encouragement! i hope you are as excited as i am to see what kind of forum that this will turn into! with your help, it could be something pretty amazing.

    laureny- i especially loved your comments, because these are the kind of comments i am hoping women will want to share here. thank you for introducing me to yet one more amazing book... maybe it could be our first in our book-club series and you could introduce it?

    gratitude in bundles everyone!

    ReplyDelete